Subscribe Now: Feed Icon

There is nothing more reassuring than knowing that the world is crazier than you are.

I sure wish I had the free time that the people who go under the speed limit must have.  I will never in my life understand that... and I realize it's just that I'm inpatient and borderline insane on the roads, but still.  Clogs.  That's what they are.  And not the cute ones with furry trim on the inside that go well with my new skinny jeans.

Does it bother you when my blogs don't flow nicely?  I mean, I ask never expecting an answer because it will say 140 new views and only 2 people will comment.  You should just say hello at least.  Leave  me a recipe for some corn chowder or a Christmas photo of your dog.  Something.  I mean, be grateful I'm even writing... do you have any clue how behind I am in paperwork?

Ugh.  Paperwork.  In nursing school they teach you how to assess a patient from head to toe (never gonna use half of that crap), they teach you about these brilliant things called care plans (I think I made one once.  In a psych hospital.  Everyone laughed at my spunk bc they're ALREADY MADE SOMEWHERE for you to use), they teach you about all sorts of conditions that you will never ever see in your entire nursing career and spend way too little time focusing on stuff that matters - like how to be nice to people or how to pick up the slack from the people working under you who tend to treat patients like shit.  But man, they don't prepare you for the amount of paperwork you have to do.  I seriously look at a patient for 15 minutes and then have about 15 different reports to generate.  "Oh, Grandma stubbed her toe?  Well, let's take a look and see if I can write a small novel on the frailty of elderly skin and the onset of diabetic neuropathy and while I'm at it, I will educate the staff on foot care and follow it all up with 16 nursing assessments".  You know.  To make the state happy.  They never seem to care if I'm nice or not.  Just sayin.

Prior to Thanksgiving I had 4 Thanksgiving dinners at 4 of my assisted livings (I don't own them.  They're just mine by default so don't think I'm being all snobby or anything). I had more to add here, but I lost it when I got a text notification that Old Navy was having a sale and I ventured over there mid thought to purchase a discounted cardigan.  Stupid Adult ADD.  Please forgive.

I was listening to Christmas songs with the boys and Wyatt always picks the "Ranned Over Reindeer One". (Grandma Got Run Over By A Reindeer).  After the song was over, he turns to me - and I can't even make this stuff up - and says "Not sure who this Grandma is, but she's not very street smart.  Old ladies shouldn't be outside running the streets".  Bwahahahahahaha.  He's five.  Very intuitive this kid.  And way to smart for his own good, I think.

Brief Review of New Thor Movie:  More Shirtless Blonde guy; less Natalie Portman.  I do love me some Kat Dennings though.  If she weren't in it, I probably wouldn't have liked it nearly as much.  Oh - go look her up... you should know who she is.  You should be ashamed of yourself.

Is it wrong for me to end this blog now?  It's not one of my gems, but it got you away from that mail-order Chinese Bride website.  Dude, it's Christmas time.  Don't spend your money on that when you could be buying me something instead.  For shame!

1 comments:

Unknown said...

I continue to adore Kat Dennings, in spite of "2 Broke Girls" (I think the pitch meeting went something like, "It's as crass and dumbed-down as 'Two and a Half Men', only starring females! You've come a long way, Baby!"). For me Kat's no Aubrey Plaza or even Krysten Ritter, but she's still all kinds of awesome.

About Me

My photo
I'm just a girl with a dream. Actually, that's not true. I'm an old lady and my dreams have pretty much faded away. But, for whatever it's worth, I still feel obligated to go on living. Sometimes I think too much and too long about things that it seems like no one else cares about besides me. I can't decide if this makes me a better person or doomed to live an anxiety riddled exsistence. Somewhere in the midst of all this craziness, I became one of those people who obsesses about her kids. Look at them - wouldn't you be crazy about them if they were yours?